IT firms in Georgia are positioned to perform and grow quickly. Georgia’s skilled workforce and broadband infrastructure ensure superior staffing and reliable communications for businesses in IT-related fields. Financial incentives help entrepreneurs launch groundbreaking ideas. Access to qualified people and a robust fiber-optic network enables IT companies to expand.
Georgia is the 5th in the nation for Internet, software publishers and telecom services.
Georgia is in the top 10 IT markets and has the second-fastest industry growth rate in the country.
Nine of the top 100 health IT firms and four of the top 20 financial technology companies call Georgia home.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN GEORGIA IS BOOMING
- 14,900-plus tech companies
- $113.1 billion economic impact on Georgia
- 5th-largest IT employment cluster in U.S. (more than 200,000 tech workers)
Learn more about Georgia’s technology leaders.
Georgia’s tech firms will rely on:
- A talent pool from nationally ranked programs at Georgia Tech and Georgia State University.
- Connectivity through 500,000 fiber-optic lines, including the country’s two largest fiber-optic trunk routes.
- Resources such as the Centers of Innovation for Information Technology that help Georgia companies develop and commercialize new products and technologies.
- A wide range of targeted incentive programs aimed specifically at technology firms.