List Your Property as a Film Location
Thank you for your interest in listing with our film/TV location database. Please read through this entire page before submitting photographs.
If you would like your Georgia home, business or property considered, please send digital photos by using our location submission form. We will review your photos and, if approved, your property will be added to our location photo database.
All locations are placed in a secure, password-protected database (Reel-Scout) and sent to our clients upon request. Location photos are not accessible to the general public.
Submitted locations may not be accepted if they do not meet the guidelines below:
- Locations submitted with just one photo will not be accepted. Send as many photos per location as you can. You will not be able to edit your listing once submitted, so please submit all photos at one time.
- If submitting a home, business or other building, include interior and exterior shots. If interior shooting is not allowed, please make note of this in the “usage restriction” field.
- You must be the actual owner of the property, or have the authority to approve filming, to submit photos to our database.
- All submitted locations are for potential use as shooting locations. If you want to list the property for lodging, please visit our Reel-Crew production directory and submit the property, or contact a housing coordinator listed in the directory.
- Do not include photos shot in inclement weather (snow, fog, rain, etc.).
- Staged photos highlighting people, pets or objects may not be accepted. Headshots are not accepted.
- Do not submit video clips, renderings, or brochures – just photos of the actual locations.
- If the property is due to be sold or drastically remodeled in the very near future, please wait to submit photos until the property is in its “final” condition.
- Submit large, monitor quality photos and shoot wide where possible so we can see detail. Photos that are too small will not sell your location.
- Make sure all photos are properly rotated.
- Submitted locations with no attached photos will not be accepted. Typically if we do not receive the images, the file size is too big. Here are some suggested sizing guidelines:
- 144-150 dpi
- File size between 200KB – 1 MB
- JPEG compression = 7 good quality
- 1280 X 1024 resolution
- Physical photo size: 8.5″ X 11″
|+ Q: How will I know my location has been received?|
|A: You will receive an automated e-mail when your location has been received. If there are any problems with the submission, we will contact you directly. Otherwise the location will be added to our database.|
|+ Q: How long until I hear from a production company?|
|A: Your property photos will be sent upon request to film/TV projects needing a location like yours. Location needs vary throughout the year, depending on which projects are filming in Georgia.|
|+ Q: How much should I charge someone to shoot on my property?|
|A: For the most part, there is no set rate. Location fees vary depending on the location budget of the show, scene requirements, impact on the property and other factors. Representatives of the production company will make an offer if the location is of interest.|
|+ Q: I received a request from a student film with limited or no money for locations. Should I work with this student?|
|A: Our office encourages the professional development of new Georgia filmmakers. Many film students or independent filmmakers have limited resources to produce their projects. We encourage you to consider these location requests, within reason. But if you will not consider such projects, make a note of this in the “usage restriction” field.|
|+ Q: How is liability insurance handled?|
|A: Most film/TV productions carry substantial liability insurance policies to film on your property. This will be addressed in your location agreement. For low-budget student or independent films, you can ask the filmmaker (or the school) if they carry liability insurance. A sample location agreement can be found here.|
|+ Q: I cannot use the photo submission form. Is there another way to submit photos?|
|A: You can mail a flash drive or CD to our office address. Or you can use a free file transfer service like Dropbox.com. E-mail is generally discouraged. Please include all information required on the location submission form (property name, street address, point of contact, etc.)|
|+ Q: How can I update my listing with new photos?|
|A: Locations cannot be accessed by the general public once submitted. If you want to send additional photos, please submit them directly to our office as described above and include the original name of the location.|
|+ Q: How can I verify that a location request is legitimate?|
|A: You are welcome to call our office to verify any requests you receive.|