The program is available for qualifying projects, including feature films, television series, commercials, music videos, animation and game development. With one of the industry’s most competitive production incentive programs, the Georgia Film, Music & Digital Entertainment Office can help you dramatically cut production costs without sacrificing quality.
- 20% across the board, transferable flat tax credit with a minimum of $500,000 spent on qualified production and post production expenditures within Georgia
- Additional 10% tax credit if a production company includes an imbedded Georgia promotional logo in the qualified feature film, TV series, music video or video game project
- Provides same tax credits to all instate and out-of-state labor working in Georgia, plus standard fringes qualify
- No limits or caps on Georgia spend; no sunset clause
- For commercials and music videos, a production company may group multiple projects together to meet the $500,000 minimum spend on qualified expenditures
The Georgia Department of Revenue will offer producers a review and verification of transactions that are eligible for the Georgia Film Tax Credit. This is a voluntary program and the costs of any audit do not count towards the tax credit. The verification reviews will be done on a first come/first serve basis for a fee of $55/hour per auditor. Click here to learn additional information and to obtain the GDOR’s application form.
Direct contact for an audit inquiry: Anita M. DeGumbia
Assistant Director – Audit
Georgia Department of Revenue
1800 Century Blvd NE Suite 18104/Atlanta, Georgia 30345
P: 404-417-6436 F: 404-417-6551
Application Forms / Rules & Requirements
Here are the forms and information you’ll need to apply for Georgia’s entertainment industry tax credits and other money-saving production incentives:
Entertainment Industry Tax Credits (Savings up to 30%)
|Application:||Tax Credit Certification Application (Updated 1/11/13) (for base 20% credit)|
|Application:||2013 10% GEP Logo Tax Credit Application|
|Form:||Film Tax Credit Form (IT-FC)|
|Form:||Notice of Tax Credit Transfer (IT-TRANS)|
|Form:||Georgia Expenditures Form (PDF)|
|Info:||Georgia Department of Revenue Rules and Regulations (PDF)|
|Info:||Georgia Department of Economic Development Rules and Regulations (PDF)|
|Info:||Georgia Entertainment Industry Investment Act Quick Facts (PDF)|
To learn more about Georgia’s production incentives and how they can save you money, contact us.