The Georgia Film, Music & Digital Entertainment Office does not issue filming permits. In general, permits are not required for shooting on private property (beyond the owner’s permission) unless public property is impacted. Some municipalities and state and federal agencies may require permits to shoot at certain locations within their jurisdiction.
You can contact the county Camera Ready Liaisons or call the appropriate municipality or agency to inquire about rules, restrictions, and permitting for your desired location.
Below is a list of municipalities and agencies that require film permits or have posted filming guidelines:
Please contact the Savannah Film Office for other permits in Chatham County.
- County Registration of Filming Project (PDF) – Please submit this form to the Camera Ready Liaison as a first step for filming in the county.
- City of Newnan Fee Schedule (PDF)
- City of Senoia Film Permit (PDF)
- Coweta County Film Contact List (PDF)
- Coweta County Use of Roads Agreement (PDF)
- City of Decatur Film Permit Guidelines (DOC)
- City of Dunwoody Film Policy and Application
- DeKalb County Film Permit Application (PDF)
- City of Royston requires $40 permit fee
- City of Lavonia requires $10 permit fee + $5 per city employee utilized
- City of Atlanta Film Permit
- City of East Point Film Permit
- City of Roswell Film Permit
- City of Sandy Springs – Film, Television & Movie Permit Guidelines