Agribusiness companies operating in Georgia’s favorable climate and long growing season enjoy better yields and easier distribution. With access to incentive programs, smart tax breaks, matching research grants, and angel investor networks and venture capital organizations, agribusiness companies in Georgia can accelerate business growth, gain competitive advantage, and expand into global markets.
As Georgia’s leading industry, agribusiness companies in Georgia enjoy a mature agricultural business infrastructure. World-class research facilities like Georgia Tech Research Institute’s Agricultural Technology Research program, as well as universities and technical colleges across the state, help shorten the time between research and commercialization.
Agribusiness companies in Georgia can:
- Expedite delivery to domestic markets by extensive rail systems and access to four major U.S. interstate highways, which put 80 percent of the U.S. within a two-day truck drive from Georgia
- Improve international export accessibility via two deep-water sea ports, which serve all major ocean carriers and 100-plus trucking companies
- Mitigate business risk by tapping Georgia’s mature agribusiness infrastructure with access to everything from university research and intellectual capital to packaging and distribution channels and technology-based solutions
- Increase yield, profitability and efficiency by partnering with Georgia’s leaders in agribusiness machinery and technology
- Connect with the best and brightest researchers through the COI for Agribusiness to accelerate ag-related biotech development via variable rate application of water, fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, and broadband control and monitoring
- Commercialize agribusiness products for use as biofuel/bioenergy feedstocks with technology guidance from the Center of Innovation for Agribusiness
- Get help locating agribusiness funding opportunities to help maintain competitive advantage in the evolving marketplace
- Find solutions to seasonal and year-round workforce challenges through proven recruiting and training programs, including Quick Start, the nation’s top-ranked workforce training program