Food processing companies can thrive in Georgia by operating in a business environment with high-growth consumer markets, an expanding agricultural sector, and top-ranked, no-cost workforce development. In addition, robust water infrastructure and an advanced transportation and logistics network provide rapid access to U.S. and global markets, enabling food processing companies in Georgia—including Anheuser-Busch, The Coca-Cola Company, General Mills, Kellogg’s, Miller Brewing, Pillsbury, Tyson Foods and others—to develop and distribute the best products for consumers at lower costs.
Thirty-eight of the country’s top 100 food processing companies have operations in Georgia. For new or expanding food processing companies, there are approximately 52 available sites around the state with more than 50 acres which provide one million gallons a day of both water and sewer capacity.
Food processing companies in Georgia can:
- Reach 80 percent of the U.S. population within two trucking days of Georgia
- Utilize a superior distribution infrastructure which includes 12 major distribution centers close to the Port of Savannah, more than 60 warehouses within five hours of the port, and more than 100 motor freight carriers serving the Atlanta area
- Count on an extensive network of top universities and technical colleges to release 50,000 graduates into the labor force each year
- Develop new business in the United States. and around the world with the help of experts at the Georgia’s Department of Economic Development
- Develop a customized workforce training program with Georgia Quick Start, the top workforce training program in the country, which can include HACCP, FDA requirements, ISO 9000, ERP system interface, Lean Manufacturing, Train-the-Trainer and Ingredient Testing
- Leverage the University of Georgia’s world-renowned Food Product Innovation and Commercialization Center (FoodPIC), which facilitates the commercialization of food products by supplying intellectual resources and physical facilities for start-up ventures and existing food processing companies
- Maintain a competitive edge by taking advantage of The Agricultural Technology Research Program at The Georgia Institute of Technology, which provides innovative engineering research and development for the food-processing industry
More on Georgia Food Processing (PDF) ▶
MAJOR FOOD PROCESSING COMPANIES IN GEORGIA
- Cagle’s, Inc.
- Chicken of the Sea International
- Coca-Cola Company
- Flowers Bakery
- Frito-Lay, Inc.
- General Mills
- Kellogg, USA
- King’s Hawaiian
- LEHUI Enterprises USA, Inc.
- Masterfoods USA (Mars)
- Miller Brewing
- Mission Foods
- National Beef
- Organic Milling
- Perdue Farms
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation
- The Pillsbury Company
- Sanderson Farms
- Tyson Foods Inc.
View the complete listing on GeorgiaAllies.org ▶