The Value of the Right Connections: Thrush Aircraft
[The Center] facilitated the conversations, got us a contact inside GE, which ultimately led to our contract and to the Thrush Aircraft being the first plane worldwide to be certified with the new H-80 engine.
– Payne Hughes, President, Thrush Aircraft, Inc.
WHAT GEORGIA OFFERS THRUSH AIRCRAFT
- Industry experienced staff that provides expertise, and connects businesses to new technologies, research, business partners and industry trends
- Collaboration of leaders from academia, business and government
- Contract with GE Aviation for the outfitting of the H-80 engine on the 510G model
- Flight–testing partnership with Middle Georgia State College
- Access to the FAA Certification flight–testing equipment
- A OneGeorgia grant that purchased the flight–testing software
- Workforce recruiting
- International and in-state contacts