Five Reasons Why Georgia’s Veterans Should Visit OperationWorkforce.com
Launched in 2012 by Governor Deal, Operation:Workforce was created to serve the more than 770,000 veterans living in Georgia. The online resource connects Georgia’s veterans with career opportunities in the civilian workforce. Veterans can create profiles on the website, upload resumes and search and apply for career opportunities posted by registered Georgia employers who are seeking to hire military heroes.
Here are five reasons to check out our site:
- Employers. More than 870 Georgia employers are currently registered on OperationWorkforce.com. Connect with employers who are committed to hiring veterans.
- Career Opportunities. Since the launch of OperationWorkforce.com, more than 1,200 applications have been submitted… The site is easy to search.
- Skills. Through Operation:Workforce, veterans are able to translate their acquired military skills and occupations into rewarding career opportunities in the civilian workforce. For example, a transitioning service member who served as an 88M Motor Transport can waive the driving portion of the Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) through the Troops to Trucks program.
- Resources. Veterans who create profiles on OperationWorkforce.com have instant access to a variety of state and non-profit resources that create a pipeline to employment opportunities in Georgia. For example, the Veteran and Spousal Licensure Act offers a fast track to receiving state licenses for a variety of careers within high demand industries in the state.
- Connectivity.Get access to newsletters, career fair information and other upcoming opportunities available. Since its launch, more than 3,200 veterans have created profiles on OperationWorkforce.com.
Join the growing number of registered veterans and explore career options available through Operation:Workforce.