Georgia Brings 5 Brands to Fortune’s Global 500
5 Georgia companies made Fortune magazine’s 2012 Global 500 list.
In order of ranking:
- Home Depot Inc. ranks 35th in the United States, while ranking 116th in the world.
- United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) ranks 54th in the United States and 177th in the world.
- Coca-Cola Co. ranks 61 in the United States and 212 in the world.
- Delta Air Lines Inc. ranks 86th in the United States and 308th in the world.
- Aflac Inc. ranks 131st in the United States and 497th in the world.
Congrats to this year’s finalists!
Infrastructure, logistics and workforce are key to any large brand’s success. With the United States’ fastest growing port, most extensive rail system in the Southeast, and world’s busiest passenger airport, Georgia knows how to get people and products moving. And with nearly 90 accredited universities, colleges and technical colleges produce 50,000-plus graduates a year companies can rely on the educational strength of the state. These are the kinds of business incentives that will surely bring new Georgia-based companies to Fortune’s Global 500 list.